It’s that time again and my product pick for the month of September is Liquitex Modeling Paste.
As you can see, there is regular modeling paste and light modeling paste.
The Liquitex website describes Modeling Paste as follows:
- Extra heavy body and very opaque.
- A marble paste made of marble dust and 100% polymer emulsion.
- Used to build heavy textures on rigid supports and create three-dimensional forms.
- Dries to the hardness of stone. It can be sanded or carved when thoroughly dry.
- Can be handled like clay if the top of the container is removed and some of the water is allowed to slowly evaporate until it reaches a clay-like consistency.
- Adheres to any non-oily, absorbent surface.
- Drying too quickly causes mud cracking that is usually cosmetic, not structural.
- When mixed with acrylic colors will act as a weak tinting white, while increasing thickness and rigidity.
- Excellent substrate for acrylic paint, oil paint, oil pastel, oil bars, watercolor, graphite or dry pastel.
- A lightweight, airy, flexible, thick, sculptural gel specifically formulated to be used in thick applications where weight is a factor.
- Will not exhibit “mud cracking”.
- Used alone, will dry to a matte opaque white that readily accepts staining if desired.